Collection of personal information
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
|A. Identifiers||Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, e-mail address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)||Name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information (Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.)||Yes|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years of age or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information)||Yes|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property and products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||Yes|
|E. Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as fingerprints, faceprints and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data||No|
|F. Internet or another similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data||Physical location or movements||Yes|
|H. Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||No|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations||No|
|J. Nonpublic education information per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes||No|
|L. Sensitive Personal Information||Social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number.|
Account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account.
Racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership.
Contents of a consumer’s mail, email, and text messages unless the WEMADE CONNECT is the intended recipient of the communication.
Sources of personal information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you
• Operating systems and platforms
• Social networks, such as when you use a social login feature from providers like Facebook
• Service providers and contractors who provide services on our behalf, such as our data analytics providers.
Use of Personal Information for Business Purposes or Commercial Purposes
Sale and sharing of personal information
We do not sell your personal information or share your personal information with third parties for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Disclosing personal information to third parties
We may share your personal information to the following categories of third parties for performing services on behalf of WEMADE CONNECT, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on behalf of WEMADE CONNECT:
• Service provider
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we have disclosed to these third parties the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: [Personal data such as game nicknames]
Use or disclosure of sensitive personal information
We may use or disclose your sensitive personal information (e.g., chats between users) to protect against malicious activity and to protect the safety of users.
Your privacy rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
• Rights to know, access, and data portability: You have the right to request a copy of certain personal information that we have collected about you, including (1) the categories of personal information we have collected about you, (2) the categories of sources from which your personal information was collected, (3) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (4) the categories of third parties to whom we disclose that personal information, and (5) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
• Right to delete: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
• Right to correct: You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we have collected from you.
• Right to opt-out of sale and sharing for cross-context behavioral advertising: As we do not sell or share your personal information, we do not offer an opt-out.
• Limit the use and disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information: the sensitive information we process about you is not subject to the relevant opt-out and thus we do not offer it.
• Right to non-discrimination: We will not discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising your consumer rights under the CCPA/CPRA, including by (a) denying you goods or services; (b) charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; or (c) providing you a different level or quality of goods or services (or suggesting that we will do so). We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
• Right to opt-out of the use of automated decision-making: we do not use automated decision-making processes.
• Shine the Light request: We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year.
Exercising your privacy rights
You may submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. using the request form available at request form. You may also submit your request in the Customer Center which is the tab you find by clicking 'Menu' and then 'Setting' tabs within each game. As required or permitted under applicable law, we may take steps to verify your request before processing your request.
If you submit your request through password-protected account, we may verify your identity through the existing authentication practices for your account. We may require you to re-authenticate yourself before deleting, correcting, or disclosing the consumer’s data.
If you do not submit your request through password-protected account, we may require you to provide information sufficient to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information and to describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. For example, we may request that you provide us with at least two pieces of personal information that match those that we maintain about you, or three pieces of personal information, depending on the sensitivity of the personal information subject to the request and the risk of harm to the consumer.
We will review each request carefully and respond accordingly within the timeframe established by the CCPA/CPRA.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights and choices on your behalf, please provide evidence that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. You may submit your request via email to email@example.com using the request form. We may also require you verify your own identity with us directly.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.